Aloha Seashore Paspalum Sod
Our Sod Experts are Standing By to Answer Your Questions.
Call 951-654-7721 (Monday – Friday 7:30am – 5PM PST)
Aloha Seashore Paspalum sod is the Southern California St. Augustine Equivalent
If you are looking for St. Augustine sod turfgrass then you will want to consider our Aloha Seashore Paspalum sod which is a professional grade, warm season sports turf developed for use on sports fields, golf courses and home lawns. Aloha Seashore Paspalum sod is fine textured with deep green color and demonstrates improved insect resistance and this premium quality sod uses up to 50% less water than most fescue’s for irrigation and 75% less nitrogen for fertilization than Bermuda grass.
One of the great many features of this sod is that Aloha is extremely salt tolerant and it stands up to salt spray really well and does really well where there is saltwater inundation and obviously in waterfront environments and provides excellent drought tolerance. This grass can be irrigated with water of varied quality including effluent, reclaimed and even seawater under the right conditions. It can be mowed with rotary lawn mower or reel mower which is recommended. This product is a great equivalent to St. Augustine sod not only for its durability and salt tolerance, but for a the lower price as well.
Aloha Seashore Paspalum Turfgrass Features
- It’s a luxurious grass with a deep green color
- One great feature is that the Aloha Seashore Paspalum Grass needs less fertilizer, lower nitrogen. This saves time and money and helps the environment by putting much fewer chemicals into the ecosystem.
- It stands up well in high traffic areas
- Works well in a variety of soils
- Can survive in wet and water-logged areas.
- You can kill weeds with ordinary table salt.
- Aloha is great for oceanside applications. Salt spray over seawalls won’t harm it.
- It is perfect for situations where quality irrigation water is not an option.
- It is fairly shade tolerant, fairly cold tolerant, and can withstand prolonged wet conditions.
Recommended Areas for Aloha Seashore Paspalum Sod
Aloha is a premium quality sod and we grow it on our sod farm in San Jacinto, California. We recommend this sod for Southern California coastal areas, however it will work in areas away from the coast also but it will go dormant in the winter time. Some of the cities where this sod turfgrass thrives is most of Orange County. Laguna Beach, Laguna Nigel, Aliso Viejo, Laguna Hills, Ladera Ranch, Newport Coast, Newport Beach, Costa Mesa, Irvine, Mission Viejo, Tustin, Huntington Beach, Lake Forest, Trabuco Canyon, Rancho Santa Margarita